Paddle Festival in Lake Tahoe Aug 1-2 2009Posted July 17, 2009 by Malina
If you’re a private boater or one of our rafting guests coming up for a trip on the American River this event could be a cool add-on for the weekend.
The Tahoe Paddle Festival is a brand-new events hosted on the shores of lovely Lake Tahoe. There will be all sorts of “paddle-able” floaty things, including hand-crafted surf boards, kayaks, and body boards.
Here’s more info from the festival organizers:
Tahoe Paddle Fest will showcase indigenous and non-motorized watercraft from around the world, on the shores of awe-inspiring Lake Tahoe, in a fun and engaging celebration of water sports, arts & culture.
Sunday at 5:00 we will paddle out and have a spiritual closing ceremony to cap off the festival weekend. Kayaks, paddle boards, stand up paddlers, surfboards – everyone is welcome!
- BlueGo will be providing CNG and Biodiesel buses (regular schedule: see BlueGo.org)
- Valet Bike parking on the lawn; we are right on the Bike Path
- Boat there! (plenty of room for Kayaks on the beach)
- Park (booo!) Okay, IF YOU MUST DRIVE, please park at the Ross/Rite Aid parking lot at Al Tahoe Blvd and Hwy 50. There is limited parking at El Dorado Beach and it will fill up fast. Please DO NOT park in front of one of our local businesses and leave your car there for the day without patronizing them!)
- Take the Nifty 50 shuttle for FREE from the Casinos or along Hwy 50 (they even go to Emerald Bay)
Sounds pretty cool to me, and I’m sure you’ll appreciate the cooler Lake temperatures too. Here in Lotus it’s officially blazing hot and if you aren’t rafting on the river you better be sitting in a walk-in fridge or surrounded by ice cubes unless you look great sweaty, disheveled, and dehydrated.
Check back at the website. We are planning to start off each day with FREE Yoga in the park and on the beach!