[VIDEO] Best Summer Rafting Trips in CaliforniaPosted June 7, 2022 by Emily Vernizzi, river enthusiast and Armstrong cousin
Sweet, Sweet Summertime Rafting
California is a popular destination any time of year, but summertime is what dreams are made of. As we settle into June, the higher spring flows level out into our consistent and reliable summer flows that keep us rollin’ on the rivers all season long.
What are your favorite ways to cool down in the summer’s heat? Here is a list of ours:
– The perfect introduction to rafting and splashy fun for everyone
– Multiple itineraries for different budgets and schedules
– Car-access riverside campground on 2-Day trips
– Lively river vibe within the buzzing river community of Coloma
– Pairs perfectly with a trip to South Lake Tahoe
– Always the chance of finding gold? This is where the Gold Rush began!
The coolest things about the Middle Fork American River (Class III-IV)
– Gorgeous, deep canyon that feels remote, yet is close to Sacramento
– Exciting rapids including the popular Tunnel Chute and a 90-foot river tunnel!
– Calmer stretches great for swimming and kayaking (on multi-day trips)
– Stunning wilderness river camps on 2-Day and 3-Day trips
What we love about summer rafting on the Tuolumne River (Class IV+)
– Spectacular views inside a pristine Wild & Scenic River canyon
– Number of rafters is strictly limited…adios crowds, hola isolation!
– Wide variety of rapids, from the broad and complicated to the massive drops
– Impressive wildlife…you might see more bald eagles than people!
– Pairs with Yosemite National Park, or maybe even more river time on Cherry Creek…
Your favorite summer day on Cherry Creek (Class V)
– May potentially be the coolest experience of your summer (or maybe even life!)
– Dramatic, technical rapids for massive excitement through incredible scenery
– Total privacy…only your boat mates will hear you scream in the big drops!
– The skill on display from the raft guides is basically performative art
– Huge sense of accomplishment at the end of the day
Summer is coming in hot! Make your plans to come “chill” with All-Outdoors!